Havana, December 26 (RHC)-- Cuban President Raúl Castro sent a message of condolences to his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin, after a Russian military plane, carrying 92 people, crashed into the Black Sea Sunday.
In his message, the Cuban leader recalled the concerts offered in 2014 here in Cuba by the members of the Russian army's famed Alexandrov Choir Ensemble, who were on board the fatal Syria-bound flight. The artists were set to perform a New Year's concert at Khmeimim airbase in Syria's coastal province of Latakia.
President Raúl, on behalf of the Cuban government and people, extended sincere condolences to relatives and friends of plane crash victims and the Russian people in general.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3797
- today: 3549
- online: 119
- total: 4377671