Havana, January 18 (RHC)-- The Cuban National Seismological Station Network registered on Friday a mild earthquake of 3.4 degrees in the Richter scale in the country's central region.
The tremor occurred at 11:45 local time and its epicenter was located at 23.37 north latitude and 80.61 west longitude, 43.4 kilometers north of the town of Corralillo, province of Villa Clara, with a depth of 7.1 kilometers.
Although the tremor was perceptible in Corralillo, no material and human damage were reported.
Each year, Cuba reports between 20 and 50 slight to moderate earthquakes, most of them in the eastern part of the island.
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Dilma Rousseff: Lula is our hope
- Trump announces that he will seek re-election
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4070
- today: 2835
- online: 137
- total: 4934608