Havana, January 18 (RHC)-- The Cuban National Seismological Station Network registered on Friday a mild earthquake of 3.4 degrees in the Richter scale in the country's central region.
The tremor occurred at 11:45 local time and its epicenter was located at 23.37 north latitude and 80.61 west longitude, 43.4 kilometers north of the town of Corralillo, province of Villa Clara, with a depth of 7.1 kilometers.
Although the tremor was perceptible in Corralillo, no material and human damage were reported.
Each year, Cuba reports between 20 and 50 slight to moderate earthquakes, most of them in the eastern part of the island.
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Cuban leader congratulates Putin on winning presidential election
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Vladimir Putin will lead Russia through 2024
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3770
- today: 168
- online: 116
- total: 4469915