Havana, January 2 (RHC)-- With Cuban President Raul Castro presiding over Monday morning's activity, Cubans celebrated the 60th anniversary of the landing of the Granma and the 58th anniversary of the Cuban Revolution.
The military parade and march also paid tribute to the historic leader of the Cuban Revolution, who passed away on November 25th.
Hundreds of thousands filled the Plaza de la Revolucion in Havana, with the military parade stepping off at 7 a.m. local time.
Member of the Council of State and President of the Federation of University Students, Jennifer Bello, spoke just before the parade began and affirmed the role of the young generation of Cubans, ready to defend the values and principles that sustain the Revolution.
Jennifer Bello also demanded the lifting of the U.S. economic, commercial and financial blockade, imposed on Cuba for more than half a century, as well as the return of the U.S. naval base at Guantanamo.
The president of the Federation of University Students emphasied the commitment of young people to remain in the vanguard in the Cuban Revolution.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4312
- today: 2367
- online: 107
- total: 4372692