Guantanamo, January 4 (RHC)-- The recovery process in eastern Cuba, severely damaged by Hurricane Matthew in early October, continues unabated.
According to a report in this morning's edition of the daily Granma newspaper, the economy and general infrastructure of Guantanamo province is progressing in a steady and orderly manner.
This information is corroborated by repair works in several different sectors, with the main focus on housing, which was heavily damaged by the hurricane-force winds.
Hurricane Matthew damaged more than 42,000 dwellings, which represent 72% of the housing located in the five municipalities hit by the devastating storm: Baracoa, Maisí, Imías, San Antonio del Sur and Yateras.
- Cuban president pays tribute to Comandante Juan Almeida
- XXI edition of the Habano Festival opens its doors
- RHC's every other weekly program Focus on Africa
- Ultra-right, very active in Spain's elections
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Italian undersecretary of foreign affairs on official visit to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3522
- today: 1456
- online: 102
- total: 5658469