Guantanamo, January 4 (RHC)-- The recovery process in eastern Cuba, severely damaged by Hurricane Matthew in early October, continues unabated.
According to a report in this morning's edition of the daily Granma newspaper, the economy and general infrastructure of Guantanamo province is progressing in a steady and orderly manner.
This information is corroborated by repair works in several different sectors, with the main focus on housing, which was heavily damaged by the hurricane-force winds.
Hurricane Matthew damaged more than 42,000 dwellings, which represent 72% of the housing located in the five municipalities hit by the devastating storm: Baracoa, Maisí, Imías, San Antonio del Sur and Yateras.
- Cuba pledges continued use of ITs for social justice goals
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Duo Buena Fe)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Brazilians demand full investigation of Marielle Franco's assassination
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Cuban leader congratulates Putin on winning presidential election
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3933
- today: 771
- online: 123
- total: 4474451