Guantanamo, January 4 (RHC)-- The recovery process in eastern Cuba, severely damaged by Hurricane Matthew in early October, continues unabated.
According to a report in this morning's edition of the daily Granma newspaper, the economy and general infrastructure of Guantanamo province is progressing in a steady and orderly manner.
This information is corroborated by repair works in several different sectors, with the main focus on housing, which was heavily damaged by the hurricane-force winds.
Hurricane Matthew damaged more than 42,000 dwellings, which represent 72% of the housing located in the five municipalities hit by the devastating storm: Baracoa, Maisí, Imías, San Antonio del Sur and Yateras.
- Diaz Canel: No imperialist policy will deter Cuba
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: Unity is our Revolution's most formidable and powerful strength
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Four Bronze medals for Cuba in Judo Grand Prix
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Cuban Parliament meets in full for 3rd Ordinary session of 9th Legislature
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3811
- today: 3630
- online: 123
- total: 6140958