New York, January 7 (RHC-Agencies)-- Roswell Park Cancer Institute in Buffalo, New York, has launched the first clinical trial in the United States to study the CIMAvax-EGF vaccine, a lung cancer treatment that was developed in Cuba. Roswell Park is then the only facility in the United States that offers this groundbreaking treatment.
CIMAvax-EGF vaccine is a lung cancer treatment that was developed by researchers with the Havana-based Molecular Immunology Center. The medication is a type of therapy that harnesses the body’s immune system to fight lung cancer.
The current trial is a Phase I out of II study of the CIMAvax-EGF vaccine in combination with the Anti-PD1 checkpoint inhibitor nivolumab in patients previously treated for advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez Confirms Cuba's Solidarity with Venezuela
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Norwegians Tell Mr. Trump: "No, Thanks!"
- RHC's Segment 'Focus on Africa'
- Candidates for National and Provincial Assemblies Nominated in Cuba
- Cuba and the U.S. Exchange on Combat against Illicit Drug Trafficking
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4612
- today: 338
- online: 103
- total: 4246239