New York, January 7 (RHC-Agencies)-- Roswell Park Cancer Institute in Buffalo, New York, has launched the first clinical trial in the United States to study the CIMAvax-EGF vaccine, a lung cancer treatment that was developed in Cuba. Roswell Park is then the only facility in the United States that offers this groundbreaking treatment.
CIMAvax-EGF vaccine is a lung cancer treatment that was developed by researchers with the Havana-based Molecular Immunology Center. The medication is a type of therapy that harnesses the body’s immune system to fight lung cancer.
The current trial is a Phase I out of II study of the CIMAvax-EGF vaccine in combination with the Anti-PD1 checkpoint inhibitor nivolumab in patients previously treated for advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- Cuban president calls for sensitivity in facing damage from Hurricane Michael
- Fidel Castro: Our enemies' hatred grows as our Revolution strengthens
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Good news from Guatemala
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel says 150 years later Cuban Revolution is the same and so are its challenges
- Cuba: The Revolution that began 150 years ago lives on today
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3957
- today: 3237
- online: 136
- total: 5237771