New York, January 7 (RHC-Agencies)-- Roswell Park Cancer Institute in Buffalo, New York, has launched the first clinical trial in the United States to study the CIMAvax-EGF vaccine, a lung cancer treatment that was developed in Cuba. Roswell Park is then the only facility in the United States that offers this groundbreaking treatment.
CIMAvax-EGF vaccine is a lung cancer treatment that was developed by researchers with the Havana-based Molecular Immunology Center. The medication is a type of therapy that harnesses the body’s immune system to fight lung cancer.
The current trial is a Phase I out of II study of the CIMAvax-EGF vaccine in combination with the Anti-PD1 checkpoint inhibitor nivolumab in patients previously treated for advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3453
- today: 2781
- online: 96
- total: 4949078