New York, January 7 (RHC-Agencies)-- Roswell Park Cancer Institute in Buffalo, New York, has launched the first clinical trial in the United States to study the CIMAvax-EGF vaccine, a lung cancer treatment that was developed in Cuba. Roswell Park is then the only facility in the United States that offers this groundbreaking treatment.
CIMAvax-EGF vaccine is a lung cancer treatment that was developed by researchers with the Havana-based Molecular Immunology Center. The medication is a type of therapy that harnesses the body’s immune system to fight lung cancer.
The current trial is a Phase I out of II study of the CIMAvax-EGF vaccine in combination with the Anti-PD1 checkpoint inhibitor nivolumab in patients previously treated for advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- Venezuelan president Nicolás Maduro fulfills busy agenda in Cuba
- Raul Castro expresses full confidence in Miguel Diaz Canel
- Congratulations continue pouring in on election of Miguel Díaz-Canel as Cuba's President
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez elected Cuba's New President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4081
- today: 3318
- online: 105
- total: 4597625