Astana, January 12 (RHC)-- Cuba's ambassador to Kazakhstan Carlos Valdés signed the book of condolences at the Iranian diplomatic mission in Astana, the Kazakh capital, for the death of former Iranian President Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani.
In paying tribute to the late Iranian leader, the Cuban diplomat, on behalf of the Cuban government and people, expressed deep sympathies with the Iranian people in this time of grief and extended the condolences to the relatives and friends of Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani.
Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani, the fourth President of Iran and the country's Chairman of Expediency Discernment Council, died on January 8th at the age of 82 after suffering a heart attack. He was buried at Mausoleum of Ruhollah Khomeini, which holds the remains of the founding father of the Persian nation.
- Academic says denial of entry visas to Cuban scholars to participate in LASA Congress in the US was politically motivated
- Cuban top leaders meet with visiting North Korean Worker´s Party vice president
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: ALBA members must join forces to prevent a new imperialist military adventure in our region
- ALBA-TCP Political Council concerned about actions against regional peace and security
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3010
- today: 404
- online: 100
- total: 5957020