Palm Beach, January 28 (RHC)-- A Cuban delegation was greeted with open arms at the Port of Palm Beach on Friday, in spite threats from Florida Governor Rick Scott to cut off state funding if the port signed an agreement to do business with Cuba.
The threat came just days before the visit had been scheduled and press reports from the local media in Palm Beach say it did not keep port officials from hosting the Cuban delegation.
Members of the Cuban delegation spoke to local reporters on Friday and responding to the governor's threats, they invited him to visit Cuba and see for himself. "I would only invite Governor Scott to come and visit our country, so that he can form his own views,”said one of the Cubans.
The delegation has already visited five cities in a tour of nine, three of them cities in Florida. The group visited Port Everglades,Port of Palm Beach this week and is now heading for Tampa.
The Executive Director of the Port of Palm Beach, Manuel Almira,said even though they did not sign an agreement, a friendship is now sealed.
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Havana gears up to host Cuba's main trade event
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migrant caravan moves north towards U.S.-Mexico Border
- Homero Acosta: The Cuban Communist Party must abide by the Constitution and uphold it
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3332
- today: 1305
- online: 118
- total: 5250641