Colorado Governor Traveling to Cuba Next Week to Promote Cultural, Economic Exchange, Says Denver Post
Denver, January 28 (RHC)--The office of Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper said the governor will be traveling to Cuba next week, seeking cultural and economic exchange.
Press reports from Denver say Hickenlooper will come to Cuba as part of a tour of countries in Central and South America, and that the aim is to promote a cross-cultural exchange between Colorado and the region, all in the framework of the so-called Biennial of the Americas festival that Democratic Governor established in 2010.
The festival typically includes themed exhibits, talks, workshops and public-art projects from different cultures. Other U.S. governors, including Andrew Cuomo from New York, Greg Abbott from Texas, and Terry McAuliffe of Virginia have traveled to Cuba in recent times.
- Cuban President winds up government visit to Santiago de Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba insists Washington is manipulating diplomat health incidents
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel congratulates Cuban journalists on Cuban Press Day
- Expert: Title III of Helms-Burton aims to limit Cuba’s access to foreign capital sources
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3541
- today: 2835
- online: 158
- total: 5762200