Geneva, February 1 (RHC-PL) -- The World Health Organization (WHO) has awarded the Henry Reeve Cuban Medical Contingent in recognition of its international solidarity efforts to confront natural disasters and serious epidemics.
Established in 2009, the Dr Lee Jong-wook Memorial Prize for Public Health recognizes the work of people, institutions and organizations with a significant contribution in the field of public health.
The award notes that the Henry Reeve contingent has carried out work in several countries affected by natural disasters, as well as more than 250 Cuban specialists who worked in African nations during the dangerous Ebola epidemic.
The official awards ceremony will take place during the 70th World Health Assembly, scheduled from May 22nd to the 31st in Geneva.
- Nicaraguan University Grants Posthumous Honorary Doctorate to Fidel Castro
- New Elections in Germany?
- Cuba Says EU Sanctions Are Foreign Interference in Venezuela
- Cuba Rejects EU Sanctions Against Venezuela
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4687
- today: 3444
- online: 218
- total: 4006524