Santiago de Cuba, February 2 (RHC-acn)-- A solar photovoltaic park is being built in the town of Cañada Amarilla, in the municipality of Segundo Frente, in Cuba´s eastern province of Santiago de Cuba.
Once completed, the solar park will contribute 2.4 megawatt/hour to the National Electricity System.
Anael Chacón Blanco, chief operating officer, told Cuban press that the photovoltaic park will benefit more than 13 000 clients, in three different settlements of the Segundo Frente municipality.
There are plans to build another solar photovoltaic park in the municipality of Mayari Arriba, also in eastern Santiago de Cuba.
Two such facilities, with a generation capacity of 4.4 megawatt/hour each, will start operations in the second half of this year, in the same Cuban province.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 23
- Soberon says upcoming Havana conference is a step forward toward strengthening Cuba's links with its nationals abroad
- Imperialism and Revolution Episode #23
- RHC's segment on literature 'From the Bookshelf'
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 10194
- today: 2065
- online: 217
- total: 7064861