Pretoria, February 2 (RHC-PL)-- Cuba and South Africa reaffirmed their strong ties of friendship and the excellent level of bilateral and multilateral cooperation, following Thursday's official visit by Cuban vice President Salvador Valdes Mesa.
Valdes Mesa arrived in South Africa on Tuesday. He has already held meetings with government leaders and the African National Congress (ANC), and other political organizations that make up the triple alliance.
Valdes Mesa and his counterpart and host, South African Vice President Cyril Ramaphosa, held official talks Wednesday. In a subsequent joint statement to the press, the two sides highlighted aspects of the historical ties between South Africa and Cuba, as well as cooperation, which today extends to various sectors.
There are currently more than 600 Cuban professionals offering their services in South Africa, including 400 doctors. A group of some 700 young South Africans are also pursuing studies at medical schools here in Cuba. Once graduated, they will return to their home communities to offer their services there, thus contributing to improving health indicators.
- Cuba pledges continued use of ITs for social justice goals
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Duo Buena Fe)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Brazilians demand full investigation of Marielle Franco's assassination
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Cuban leader congratulates Putin on winning presidential election
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3933
- today: 1255
- online: 107
- total: 4474935