Maputo, February 3 (RHC-PL)-- Mozambican President Felipe Nyusi received Cuban Vice President Salvador Valdes Mesa Thursday. The two dignitaries held a friendly meeting in Maputo, the Mozambican capital.
Valdes Mesa, who began a two-day official visit to the African country, returned the warm greeting and passed on a friendly message from Cuban President Raul Castro.
Valdes Mesa expressed his gratitude for the stance by Maputo in favor of lifting Washington's over 50 year-old blockade against Cuba.
Regarding his meetings with President Nyusi and then with Prime Minister Carlos Agostinho do Rosario, the Cuban official said both Mozambican leaders expressed their willingness to work toward strengthened ties with Cuba.
'Cooperation between Mozambique and Cuba includes such sectors as education, health and sports, and the prospect is to extend that collaboration to other areas of mutual interest,' the Cuban vice president said.
Also on Friday, Valdes Mesa attended a ceremony in Maputo, commemorating Heroes' Day in Mozambique.
The Cuban vice president arrived in Mozambique from South Africa. His current African tour has already taken him to Ethiopia, where besides paying an official visit, he represented Cuba, an honor guest at the 28th Summit of Heads of State and Government of the African Union, held in Addis Ababa, January 30-31.
- This weekend, Cubans serving abroad will have the opportunity to vote on the country’s new constitution
- Italian undersecretary of foreign affairs on official visit to Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba: It is imperative to halt an imperialist military intervention in Venezuela
- President Miguel Diaz-Canel assesses progress of recovery after devastating tornado
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3520
- today: 2324
- online: 154
- total: 5646471