Voronezh, October 7 (RHC)-- Members of the Cuban Embassy in Moscow were the acclaimed guests at a ceremony held in the Russian city of Voronezh to recall the visit there by Cuban President Fidel Castro in 1972.
Voronezh is an industrial city in the south central part of the Russian Federation, some 500 miles from Moscow.
Victor Rudenko, the editor of the Voronezh newspaper COMMUNA said:
“We will always cherish his presence among us. Fidel Castro has been the only President to visit us.
The city has issued at medal to mark the 50th anniversary of the visit by Fidel Castro and has also produced a documentary film on his activities there.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4694
- today: 1039
- online: 152
- total: 6757958