Voronezh, October 7 (RHC)-- Members of the Cuban Embassy in Moscow were the acclaimed guests at a ceremony held in the Russian city of Voronezh to recall the visit there by Cuban President Fidel Castro in 1972.
Voronezh is an industrial city in the south central part of the Russian Federation, some 500 miles from Moscow.
Victor Rudenko, the editor of the Voronezh newspaper COMMUNA said:
“We will always cherish his presence among us. Fidel Castro has been the only President to visit us.
The city has issued at medal to mark the 50th anniversary of the visit by Fidel Castro and has also produced a documentary film on his activities there.
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Courage and loyalty in the face of lies and aggression
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3053
- today: 2513
- online: 103
- total: 5855860