Voronezh, October 7 (RHC)-- Members of the Cuban Embassy in Moscow were the acclaimed guests at a ceremony held in the Russian city of Voronezh to recall the visit there by Cuban President Fidel Castro in 1972.
Voronezh is an industrial city in the south central part of the Russian Federation, some 500 miles from Moscow.
Victor Rudenko, the editor of the Voronezh newspaper COMMUNA said:
“We will always cherish his presence among us. Fidel Castro has been the only President to visit us.
The city has issued at medal to mark the 50th anniversary of the visit by Fidel Castro and has also produced a documentary film on his activities there.
- Cuba pledges continued use of ITs for social justice goals
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Duo Buena Fe)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Brazilians demand full investigation of Marielle Franco's assassination
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Cuban leader congratulates Putin on winning presidential election
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3770
- today: 3404
- online: 135
- total: 4473151