Havana, February 8 (RHC-PL)-- Officials from the Cuban Revolutionary Navy met in Havana with crew members of he British Royal Fleet Auxiliary vessel Wave Knight, a ship from the British Royal Fleet, which started a visit to Cuba this Tuesday.
After arriving in Havana, a delegation of the British navy vessel visited the Foreign Affairs office of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Cuba (FAR), where Rear Admiral Carlos Duque welcomed them on behalf of Cuba.
The British Navy ship's Captain, Nigel Budd told reporters that their visit aims at continuing talks and cooperation with Cuba, in areas such as maritime security, reduction of natural disaster and naval search and rescue operation. The vessel carries a crew of 77 officers and men.
We are very much interested in learning more about Cuba, its capital city and its people, said the Captain of the British navy vessel, and voiced his satisfaction and that of his crew over the warm reception they received in arriving at the port of Havana.
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Cuba pledges continued use of ITs for social justice goals
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Duo Buena Fe)
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3909
- today: 212
- online: 100
- total: 4477801