Mexico City, February 14 (RHC)-- The 8th edition of the Mexican Book Fair began Monday in the municipality of Chimalhuacán with a tribute to Cuban revolution leader Fidel Castro, who died last November in Havana at the age of 90.
Organizers said the aim is to highlight Fidel's significant contribution to education in Cuba and around the world through Cuba's cooperation in the field with other peoples and nations. They mentioned Cuba's teaching program 'Yes I Can' (Yo sí puedo), which has been instrumental in fighting illiteracy all across Latin America and the world.
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Attorney Mara Verheyden-Hilliard: The U.S. government has sent a message that the Vienna Convention means NOTHING
- José Pertierra: U.S. security force operation at Venezuelan embassy violates international law
- U.S. medical student says coming back to study in Cuba allowed him to reconnect with his roots
- Migration and defense: main points in European elections
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2560
- today: 1049
- online: 110
- total: 5935872