Havana, February 16 (RHC)-- Cuban President Raúl Castro met Wednesday in Havana with the Minister of Health and Medical Education of the Islamic Republic of Iran Seyed Hasán Ghazizadeh Hashemi, who delivered a message to the Cuban leader on behalf of the Iranian President, Hasán Rouhaní.
During the cordial encounter, the Cuban head of state and the Iranian health minister reviewed what they described as the excellent state of bilateral relations and expressed a common interest in further expanding them.
They also highlighted the positive results of the 6th session of the Cuba-Iran Intergovernmental Commission for Economic and Scientific-Technical Cooperation, which concluded earlier this week with the signing of 12 cooperation agreements.
Among the penned documents is a visa-exempt arrangement for official/service and diplomatic passports from the two countries. Other agreements are in the areas of higher education, the pharmaceutical industry, agriculture, water resources, radio and television.
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4823
- today: 3374
- online: 234
- total: 3837344