Cuban UN Ambassador Anayansi Rodríguez
United Nations, February 17 (RHC/Prensa Latina)-- Cuba voiced concern at the United Nations over the negative impact of Israel's aggressiveness on the two-state solution to the conflict with Palestine.
“We are deeply concerned about threats regarding the two-state solution, the only possible alternative to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, given the Israeli policy of illegal settlements and its other colonization and aggression practices,” warned the Cuban UN Ambassador Anayansi Rodríguez.
Addressing the Committee on the Exercise of the Inalienable Rights of the Palestinian People, on which Cuba holds a vice presidency, the diplomat renewed Cuba's strong condemnation of Israel's territory occupation and insisted that it halt construction of settlements in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem.
The Cuban UN Ambassador also called on Israel to immediately and unconditionally lift its blockade of the Gaza Strip, which she described as cruel and unlawful.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4844
- today: 3949
- online: 179
- total: 6756174