Mérida, February 18 (RHC)-- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo is leading the country's delegation at the 16th Mexico-Cuba Inter-Parliamentary Meeting, which began sessions Friday in Mérida, Yucatán peninsula. The Mexican delegation is being headed by Javier Bolaños, President of the Chamber of Deputies.
The meeting, gathering the heads of both parliament's commissions, has a broad agenda, aiming to strengthen friendship and cooperation relations.
According to the Cuban embassy in Mexico City, the program includes plenary sessions, panel discussions and exhibitions, focusing on perspectives and challenges, both national and international, facing legislative bodies of the two countries.
Other topics for discussion include social policies and practices in such areas as health, education, culture and sports, as well as cooperation opportunities in the fields of renewable energy, tourism, particularly health tourism, and exchanges between Cuba's Special Development Zone at Mariel and Mexico's Special Economic Zones.
- Courage and loyalty in the face of lies and aggression
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- RHC's every other weekly program Focus on Africa
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Puerto Rico is going through one of the most difficult crisis it has faced in its history
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2832
- today: 2360
- online: 133
- total: 5849777