Havana, February 21 (RHC)-- International Program Coordinator of the United Nations Population Fund (UNPF) Rafael Cuesta praised in Havana the active participation of women in decision-making processes and their leading role in many sectors of today's Cuban society.
Cuesta noted that gender equality is included among the Sustainable Development Goals or SDGs adopted in September 2015 by the heads of state and government and high representatives of UN member states. In that sense, he said, women's empowerment is crucial and pointed to the importance of the campaign 'Unite to End Violence against Women' launched by former UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon.
The UN official said the drive is to advocate women’s and girls’ equal rights, combat discriminatory practices and challenge roles and stereotypes that affect equalities and inclusion.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 17
- President Diaz-Canel: Trump Administration blames others for its flaws in foreign policy
- Artists attending 35th edition of Jazz Plaza come from around the world
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Visit Cuba
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #58
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 11159
- today: 10311
- online: 155
- total: 7051841