Havana, February 27 (RHC)-- The 19th edition of the Habano Festival began Monday in Havana, catching the attention of at least 1,000 experts and Cuban cigar lovers from some 50 nations.
The program includes visits to tobacco plantations, factories and tastings or presentations of new cigar brands and other related products.
The week-long festival dedicated this year to the H.Upmann, Montecristo and Quai D'Orsay brands.
H.Upmann will disclose its Gran Reserva Cosecha 2011, while Montecristo is participating with a completely new line of products.
The closing ceremony of the Festival will be held at Havana's Pabexpo fairground, where the Habano of the Year Award will be granted in the categories of production, marketing and communications.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3791
- today: 1242
- online: 114
- total: 4839686