Geneva, March 2 (RHC)-- At the United Nations Human Rights Council, Cuba advocated a new approach that favors international cooperation and dialogue.
Speaking at the high-level segment of the Council's 34th ordinary period of sessions, Cuban Ambassador Pedro Luis Pedroso called on member states to join efforts toward finding common, lasting solutions, away from the imposition of unilateral, politically-motivated sanctions against countries, which, he said, run contrary to the purpose and principles governing the inter-governmental body.
Pedroso thanked member states for the election of Cuba as a member of the UN Human Rights Council and pledged Cuba's commitment to efforts toward building a new, more democratic and equitable world order with full respect for the sovereignty and independence of each and every State.
The Cuban diplomat announced an upcoming visit to the Caribbean state of the UN special rapporteur on human trafficking and the independent expert on human rights and international solidarity.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 07, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 6, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 06, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 05, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 4, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 04, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5999
- today: 4738
- online: 164
- total: 8281568