Granma, March 3 (RHC-ACN)-- A group form Canada's St. Jean-Vianney School Dance visited Granma province on Thursday as part of activities organized by the Cuban Friendship Institute (ICAP) and the Trois Rivieres Solidarity with Cuba Committee from Quebec.
ICAP representative in Granma province, Ezequiel Morales, said that the Canadian visitors toured the city of Bayamo and Buey Arriba municipality where they carried out socio-political and cultural activities.
The dance group, which is visiting Cuba for the first time, also exchanged with students and professors from the Manuel Munoz Cedeno Provincial Art School to learn about the cultural traditions in the Cuban eastern region.
Founded in 1973, the Trois Rivieres Solidarity with Cuba Committee organizes visits by young Canadians to Eastern Cuba, who conduct volunteer work, also bringing in donations for local art schools.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4950
- today: 4614
- online: 213
- total: 6665431