Havana, March 18 (RHC/ACN) – The 20th edition in Cuba of the Terry Fox marathon will take place this Saturday.
Honoring the young Canadian that turned into a symbol in the fight against cancer, and named after him, the Terry Fox Run will kick off at Old Havana's Kid Chocolate sports center.
With his right leg amputated due to cancer, Terry Fox ran more than five thousand kilometers across Canada during 143 days.
Marathon organizer on the Cuban side, Carlos Gattorno, told the media in Havana that the race will be simultaneously held in all of the country's municipalities starting at 10am.
The run is notable for its participatory nature, where all Cubans, regardless of age, sex or health condition can walk, run, or use roller skates, bicycles or wheelchairs, to take part alongside athletes.
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- REASON AGAINST HATRED
- Cuban Association of United Nations Pays Tribute to Fidel
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Senior Journalist Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro Awarded Cuba's National Radio Prize
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4352
- today: 2250
- online: 192
- total: 3531787