Havana, March 30 (RHC)-- The Confederation of Cuban Workers (CTC) and Cuban trade unions have declared Cuban workers' unconditional support for and solidarity with the people of Venezuela and the courageous stance of the Bolivarian government, led by President Nicolás Maduro in the face of continued attacks, orchestrated by the U.S.-controlled Organization of American States (OAS) and its secretary general against the South American nation.
The Cuban workers commended the strong, resolute response by Venezuelan representatives at the meeting of the OAS Permanent Commission on March 28, 2017, in defense of their country's sovereignty, independence and self-determination, asserting also the dignity of Venezuela and all of Latin America and the Caribbean.
“We reject and condemn the interference of OAS Secretary General Luis Almagro, who with his destabilizing actions has encouraged a minority of Venezuelans and representatives of the right on our continent, with the support of Washington, to invoke the Inter-American Democratic Charter against Caracas with the aim to intervene in Venezuela's internal affairs, and eliminate the countless social conquests achieved by the Venezuelan workers and people in general under the Bolivarian Revolution.”
In their statement, the Confederation of Cuban Workers issued a call on social organizations and movements of Our Americas and the world to express their solidarity with the Venezuelan government and people.
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Courage and loyalty in the face of lies and aggression
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3053
- today: 799
- online: 133
- total: 5854146