Havana, April 3 (RHC)-- Senior officials of the Cuban Foreign Ministry and the International Committee of the Red Cross met over the weekend in Havana to review the state of bilateral ties.
General Director for Multilateral Affairs and International Law at the Foreign Ministry, Rodolfo Reyes, and Ángela Gussing, Regional Director for the Americas at the International Committee of the Red Cross, exchanged on the humanitarian impact of different types of weapons, and current mechanisms for their control and elimination.
Both dignitaries agreed on the need to raise public awareness on norms and principles of international humanitarian law.
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Attorney Mara Verheyden-Hilliard: The U.S. government has sent a message that the Vienna Convention means NOTHING
- José Pertierra: U.S. security force operation at Venezuelan embassy violates international law
- U.S. medical student says coming back to study in Cuba allowed him to reconnect with his roots
- Migration and defense: main points in European elections
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2560
- today: 2004
- online: 68
- total: 5936827