United Nations Special Rapporteur Maria Grazia Giammarinaro
Havana, April 7 (RHC/Cubaminrex.cu)-- The United Nations Special Rapporteur on the trafficking in persons will be visiting Cuba next week.
An announcement in the Foreign Ministry's official website says the UN Special Rapporteur, Maria Grazia Giammarinaro, will be conducting an official from April 10-14, at the invitation of the Cuban government.
As United Nations Special Rapporteur on the trafficking in persons, Giammarinaro focuses especially on the trafficking of women and girls.
During her stay in Cuba, the UN official will hold meetings and other activities which, the Cuban Foreign Ministry said, will expose Cuba’s commitment to honor its international obligations regarding trafficking in persons, via a “zero tolerance” policy aimed at preventing and fighting the scorch, while protecting the victims.
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Attorney Mara Verheyden-Hilliard: The U.S. government has sent a message that the Vienna Convention means NOTHING
- José Pertierra: U.S. security force operation at Venezuelan embassy violates international law
- U.S. medical student says coming back to study in Cuba allowed him to reconnect with his roots
- Migration and defense: main points in European elections
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2560
- today: 1736
- online: 74
- total: 5936559