UN Special Rapporteur Maria Grazia
Havana, April 10 (RHC) -- The Special Rapporteur of the United Nations on the human rights of victims of Trafficking in Persons, Maria Grazia, began an official visit to Cuba on Monday.
According to the Cuban Foreign Ministry, Maria Grazia, will confirm Havana's commitment to the fulfillment of its international obligations in the fight against human trafficking.
The UN representative's agenda includes visits to educational and counseling institutions for women and the family, meetings with ministers of justice, tourism and foreign affairs, as well as with the Attorney General of the Republic.
Cuba maintains a policy of zero tolerance for this crime, with a focus on prevention, confrontation and protection of victims.
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 18
- With Alicia's death, the dance community has lost a genuine and true icon
- Notes on the Revolution / Column 20
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 17
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3481
- today: 1024
- online: 125
- total: 6502965