Havana, April 11 (RHC)-- The Community Artistic Ensemble, Korimakao, will dedicate a gala to the historic leader of the Cuban Revolution, Fidel Castro, on April 18th, to mark the 56th anniversary of the victory of Playa Giron, the first defeat of U.S. imperialism in America.
Based in the western province of Matanzas, this company owes its existence to the idea of the revolutionary guide to create a cultural institution in that territory.
Yander Roche Miralles, acting director general of that group, said that the show recreates passages of Fidel Castro's childhood, adolescence and youth, through dance, theater, music and audiovisual language.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4940
- today: 4169
- online: 230
- total: 6738402