Havana, April 20 (RHC-PL)-- Experts from more than 40 institutions in 15 countries are taking part in the 3rd International Congress on Urban, Suburban and Family Agriculture inaugurated in Havana on Wednesday, to exchange and debate on food security and sovereignty.
The forum will be in session up to Friday at the Havana Convention Center, organized by the National Institute on Tropical Agriculture Research, the Cuban Ministry of Agriculture, the Agricultural Enterprise Group, with the sponsorship of the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO).
This type of urban farming began in Cuba 30 years ago with the creation of vegetable gardens, based on agro-ecological bases, that has turned into a popular movement supplying more than a million tons of green vegetables to urban populations.
The agenda includes topics such as current challenges for this type of urban farming, sustainable production, handling of infestations in tropical conditions among others.
- Cuban president pays tribute to Comandante Juan Almeida
- XXI edition of the Habano Festival opens its doors
- RHC's every other weekly program Focus on Africa
- Ultra-right, very active in Spain's elections
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Italian undersecretary of foreign affairs on official visit to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3486
- today: 1113
- online: 116
- total: 5654604