Havana, April 22 (RHC)-- Celebrations for International Workers' Day begin today in Cuba, with an event commemorating the birth of the leader of the world proletariat, Vladimir Ilyich Lenin, in the square that bears his name in Havana.
During the event, Cubans also remember the 100th anniversary of the October Socialist Revolution 1n 1917, which for the first time gave power to the working class.
The central activities for May Day in Cuba will be dedicated to youth, for their leading role in the programs promoted to defend socialism.
It will also mark the 55th anniversary of the UJC, the Young Communist League, and 56th anniversary of the José Martí Pioneer Organization.
- Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez Confirms Cuba's Solidarity with Venezuela
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Norwegians Tell Mr. Trump: "No, Thanks!"
- RHC's Segment 'Focus on Africa'
- Candidates for National and Provincial Assemblies Nominated in Cuba
- Cuba and the U.S. Exchange on Combat against Illicit Drug Trafficking
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4048
- today: 1245
- online: 171
- total: 4242534