Havana, April 29 (RHC)-- Director-General of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Irina Bokova toured Old Havana -a world heritage site- on Saturday and met with the city's historian Eusebio Leal.
During her stay, in the framework of the 70th anniversary of Cuba becoming a full UNESCO member, the UN official will attend the Global All-Star Concert on International Jazz Day on Sunday, April 30th.
This is not the first visit by the UNESCO chief to Cuba. She frist visited here in 2012. On that occasion, she congratulated Cuban authorities for prioritizing education and for being the only country in the entire Latin American and Caribbean region that has fulfilled well in advance the Education for All goals, set out by the United Nations.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3693
- today: 1052
- online: 85
- total: 4843189