Holguin, May 6 (RHC/Prensa Latina)-- The 38th International Tourism Fair, FITCuba 2018, will have the United Kingdom as guest country of honor and will be held at Cayo Santa Maria, in central Villa Clara province.
The announcement was made by the Cuban Minister of Tourism, Manuel Marrero, as he closed this year's edition of the Fair, in eastern Holguin.
Minister Marrero said 2,600 professionals from 41 nations attended the Fair this year, in addition to 170 journalists from the main Cuban tourism markets.
The minister said the decision was made to have the United Kingdom as guest country of honor at next year's Fair, considering the exhibited 25 percent growth in tourist arrivals from the UK and the number of British tourists who continue to come back.
The closing ceremony of the Cuba 2017 tourism fair was held at the pristine Brisas Guardalavaca resort, on Holguin's northern coast.
- Diaz-Canel meets with Cuban artists back from the US
- Who is Todd Robinson?
- Political activist says blood of Posada Carriles' victims in U.S. government's hands
- Incredible: Mexico rejects results of Venezuelan presidential election
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Maduro's victory symbolizes his people's determination to not allow a capitalist rebirth in Venezuela
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4609
- today: 3772
- online: 98
- total: 4730091