Holguin, May 6 (RHC/Prensa Latina)-- The 38th International Tourism Fair, FITCuba 2018, will have the United Kingdom as guest country of honor and will be held at Cayo Santa Maria, in central Villa Clara province.
The announcement was made by the Cuban Minister of Tourism, Manuel Marrero, as he closed this year's edition of the Fair, in eastern Holguin.
Minister Marrero said 2,600 professionals from 41 nations attended the Fair this year, in addition to 170 journalists from the main Cuban tourism markets.
The minister said the decision was made to have the United Kingdom as guest country of honor at next year's Fair, considering the exhibited 25 percent growth in tourist arrivals from the UK and the number of British tourists who continue to come back.
The closing ceremony of the Cuba 2017 tourism fair was held at the pristine Brisas Guardalavaca resort, on Holguin's northern coast.
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Cubans living abroad will have a say in writing Constitution
- Manuel Zelaya: We are here to defend regional peoples, their conquests and their rights
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3625
- today: 974
- online: 117
- total: 5031245