Tehran, Oct 8, (RHC), -- Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif discussed with Cuban Ambassador to Iran Vladimir Gonzalez new ways to further expand cooperation between Tehran and Havana in all spheres.
During the Monday meeting, Iran's top diplomat underlined that ways of promoting bilateral ties should be discussed during the upcoming Tehran-Havana Joint Economic Commission session.
“Both Iran and Cuba share many capacities for further expansion of the relations, particularly in trade and economic spheres, given their common stances on key regional issues,” the Iranian minister added.
Zarif also referred to his meeting with his Cuban counterpart, Bruno Rodriguez on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly session in New York, underlining the key role of Cuba in the international forums, including the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM).
The Cuban envoy, for his part, said he would do all within his power to upgrade mutual ties in economic and commercial domains between the two friendly nations.
Iran has sought to expand ties and cooperation with the Latin American states in the recent years, as the region has been visited several times by government dignitaries and officials from the Islamic Republic. /Fars News Agency
- Diaz-Canel meets with Cuban artists back from the US
- Who is Todd Robinson?
- Political activist says blood of Posada Carriles' victims in U.S. government's hands
- Incredible: Mexico rejects results of Venezuelan presidential election
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Maduro's victory symbolizes his people's determination to not allow a capitalist rebirth in Venezuela
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4609
- today: 3754
- online: 92
- total: 4730073