Tehran, Oct 8, (RHC), -- Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif discussed with Cuban Ambassador to Iran Vladimir Gonzalez new ways to further expand cooperation between Tehran and Havana in all spheres.
During the Monday meeting, Iran's top diplomat underlined that ways of promoting bilateral ties should be discussed during the upcoming Tehran-Havana Joint Economic Commission session.
“Both Iran and Cuba share many capacities for further expansion of the relations, particularly in trade and economic spheres, given their common stances on key regional issues,” the Iranian minister added.
Zarif also referred to his meeting with his Cuban counterpart, Bruno Rodriguez on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly session in New York, underlining the key role of Cuba in the international forums, including the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM).
The Cuban envoy, for his part, said he would do all within his power to upgrade mutual ties in economic and commercial domains between the two friendly nations.
Iran has sought to expand ties and cooperation with the Latin American states in the recent years, as the region has been visited several times by government dignitaries and officials from the Islamic Republic. /Fars News Agency
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Havana gears up to host Cuba's main trade event
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migrant caravan moves north towards U.S.-Mexico Border
- Homero Acosta: The Cuban Communist Party must abide by the Constitution and uphold it
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3332
- today: 1812
- online: 132
- total: 5251148