Beijing, May 22 (RHC-PL)-- Cuban First Deputy Communications Minister Jorge Luis Perdomo and Chinese First Deputy Minister of the Cyberspace Administration, Wang Xiujun, have reviewed telecommunications cooperation in Beijing.
According to the Cuban Embassy in China, the officials met over the weekend in Beijing and noted the collaboration between both governments in the area of telecommunications. They pointed to a memorandum of understanding signed in July 2014, within the framework of President Xi Jinping's State visit to Cuba.
They also highlighted agreement in this area in the multilateral context, in which the two countries are promoting the establishment of international regulations to allow an adequate governance of cyberspace.
Perdomo, who was accompanied by the Cuban ambassador to China, Miguel Angel Ramirez, thanked Wang for the support the Chinese government offered Cuban companies in telecommunications and the Internet.
The Cuban first deputy minister referred to the special significance of this collaboration to achieve a fuller computerization of Cuban society outlined by the Cuban Communist Party.
- Cuba pledges continued use of ITs for social justice goals
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Duo Buena Fe)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Brazilians demand full investigation of Marielle Franco's assassination
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Cuban leader congratulates Putin on winning presidential election
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3933
- today: 794
- online: 103
- total: 4474474