Havana, May 31 (RHC-Agencies)- Cuban President Raúl Castro is presiding over the work meetings of the permanent commission of the National Assembly of People's Power (Cuban Parliament) ahead of Thursday's extraordinary plenary session.
On Tuesday, Cuban legislators gathered in four commissions to debate two major documents: Conceptualization of Cuba's New Economic and Social Model, and Economic Policy Guidelines for the Period 2016-2021. Both documents deal with the transformations underway to Cuba’s socio-economic model since 2010.
Cuban deputies are also reviewing the National Economic and Social Plan through 2030.
The three documents were approved at the 7th Congress of the Cuban Communist Party (PCC) in April 2016. They were later ratified by the Party's Central Committee in early May, after a lengthy consultation process that included 47,470 public meetings in work places and local communities with the participation of more than 1 million 600 thousand Cubans.
It will now be the National Assembly’s job to discuss and approve the new documents which feature modifications, eliminations and additional proposals stemming from the public consultation process.
- Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel receives WHO and PAHO directors
- U.S. activist: Unity, the most important five-letter word in the Cuban Revolution
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- WHO director-general: Cuba is an example for many countries
- Evo Morales ratifies Bolivia's support for Cuba
- Bolivian president Evo Morales begins official visit
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4121
- today: 1836
- online: 119
- total: 4610762