Havana, June 3 (RHC)-- The 9th International Conference on Renewable Energies, Energy Saving and Energy Education wrapped up in Havana on Friday, during which two keynote lectures and more than 20 presentations were presented.
The president of the scientific committee, Antonio Sarmiento, told Prensa Latina news agency that participants at the gathering discussed business opportunities in Cuba in the field of alternative energies, as well as the high scientific level of the works presented.
Sarmiento said that the space created for the negotiation was of special interest, since it facilitated the integration of the academic framework and its application to the business sector, where Cuban and foreign entities converged to offer their products.
He added that the meeting maintained its typical areas corresponding to renewable sources of energy, energy efficiency, energy saving and education.
The professor of the Center for Studies of Renewable Energy Technologies, said that each event becomes more profound, applied and interesting, which meets the development objectives of these meetings.
Representatives from Ecuador, Qatar, Turkey, Nicaragua, Mexico, United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Canada, Spain, Chile, France, Colombia and Argentina took part in the international conference.
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Havana gears up to host Cuba's main trade event
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migrant caravan moves north towards U.S.-Mexico Border
- Homero Acosta: The Cuban Communist Party must abide by the Constitution and uphold it
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3332
- today: 2308
- online: 134
- total: 5251644