Ciego de Avila, June 6 (RHC-PL)-- The recovery of important beach areas through the supply of sand is one of the environmental actions implemented in Jardines del Rey towards sustainable tourism.
Las Coloradas and Flamenco, in Cayo Coco, and El Paso, in Cayo Guillermo, are the resorts most favored with the program, the objective of which is to minimize the erosion caused by climate change and construction activities in the area.
Iyolexis Correa, delegate of the Ministry of Tourism in Ciego de Avila, located 430km east of Havana, said that Jardines del Rey is a sun and beach destination so it is fundamental to offer a beach area of quality and beauty.
He also said that they are now working on the recovery of the dunes on Cayo Guillermo, to ensure that the provision of sand to the bathing areas stands the test of time.
Meanwhile, actions are also underway to reforest the river banks with native vegetation and preserve the footbridges so as to strengthen the sand dunes with a view to protect the coasts and their surroundings.
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Cuban leader congratulates Putin on winning presidential election
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Vladimir Putin will lead Russia through 2024
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3770
- today: 1399
- online: 122
- total: 4471146