Ciego de Avila, June 6 (RHC-PL)-- The recovery of important beach areas through the supply of sand is one of the environmental actions implemented in Jardines del Rey towards sustainable tourism.
Las Coloradas and Flamenco, in Cayo Coco, and El Paso, in Cayo Guillermo, are the resorts most favored with the program, the objective of which is to minimize the erosion caused by climate change and construction activities in the area.
Iyolexis Correa, delegate of the Ministry of Tourism in Ciego de Avila, located 430km east of Havana, said that Jardines del Rey is a sun and beach destination so it is fundamental to offer a beach area of quality and beauty.
He also said that they are now working on the recovery of the dunes on Cayo Guillermo, to ensure that the provision of sand to the bathing areas stands the test of time.
Meanwhile, actions are also underway to reforest the river banks with native vegetation and preserve the footbridges so as to strengthen the sand dunes with a view to protect the coasts and their surroundings.
- 16th Summit of ALBA Heads of State and Government held in Havana
- Havana becomes the capital of regional integration once again
- The bigger they are the harder they fall!
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- U.S. scholar: regarding the health incidents, Cuba has acted in an honorable, legal manner, whereas the United States has not
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2892
- today: 838
- online: 104
- total: 5440452