Havana, June 8 (RHC-PL)-- Cuban Culture Minister Abel Prieto and his counterpart from Cape Verde, Abraão Aníbal Barbosa, have signed an agreement for exchange in the field through 2019, aimed at strengthening bilateral links and cooperation.
The agreement provides for the implementation of a program of joint exhibitions, theoretical meetings and discussions on the most diverse artistic disciplines and manifestations.
The new accord also provides for exchanges among artists, writers and intellectuals from the two countries, as well as performances by Cuban artists in Cape Verde and vice versa.
Under the new agreement, Cuba will provide technical assistance to Cape Verde in such areas as community work, folklore and contemporary dancing, classic ballet, fine arts and heritage preservation.
Minister Barbosa praised the high quality of the Cuban arts and the country's achievements in the sector. He added that the new agreement will allow a much better rapprochement between his country and the Caribbean state.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4714
- today: 742
- online: 260
- total: 6739689