Havana, June 12 (RHC)-- Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez met Monday in Havana with his counterpart from Luxembourg Jean Asselborn.
During the exchange, Minister Rodríguez thanked Luxembourg for its active role in the process toward improved relations between the European Union (EU) and Cuba.
The top Cuban diplomat commended also the European nation's support for the Caribbean state against Washington's blockade policy.
Minister Rodríguez pointed to existing potential for strengthened EU-Cuba ties in the cultural, academic, scientific and economic fields.
For his part, Minister Asselborn said his country is willing and ready to contribute more to improving relations between the European bloc and the Caribbean nation.
He said: “We need to stand together with mutual respect and better understanding.”
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 28
- Yusuam Palacios: we must continue learning from José Martí to confront and overcome the problems humanity faces today
- RHC's program 'Connecting the dots'
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #62
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 27
- 75th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz: Ksenia Olkhova, a survivor of the Nazis concentration camp, shares her story
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 11638
- today: 10404
- online: 255
- total: 7114755