Havana, June 14 (RHC)-- The Cuban Council of State, in accordance with the Constitution of the Republic and Law 72 passed in 1992, has called for general elections to be held in October. Eligible voters will elect delegates to Municipal Assemblies during the first round; later, delegates to Provincial Assemblies, and deputies to the National Assembly of People's Power will be elected.
The first round of elections to choose delegates to Municipal Assemblies of People's Power -- for two and a half year terms -- will take place October 22, 2017. On October 29th, a second round will be held in constituencies where no candidate received more than 50% of the valid votes cast.
The date for elections to select delegates to Provincial Assemblies and deputies to the National Assembly of People's Power will be set at a later date.
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Havana gears up to host Cuba's main trade event
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migrant caravan moves north towards U.S.-Mexico Border
- Homero Acosta: The Cuban Communist Party must abide by the Constitution and uphold it
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3214
- today: 569
- online: 98
- total: 5253119