Cuban Representative Ana Silvia Rodríguez
New York, June 20 (RHC)-- Cuba renewed Monday at the United Nations its support for the right to independence and self-determination of the Puerto Rican people, which have been subjected to U.S. colonial rule since 1809.
Addressing a meeting of the UN Special Decolonization Committee, Cuban alternate permanent representative Ana Silvia Rodríguez pointed to the Puerto Rican people's inalienable right to decide on their own future, as stipulated in General Assembly Resolution 1514 of 1960.
The Cuban diplomat stressed that a final resolution to the Puerto Rican colonial status is not a U.S. domestic policy issue, but rather a matter of the UN Special Decolonization Committee and the entire international community.
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3268
- today: 2987
- online: 91
- total: 4945831