Havana, June 26 (RHC)-- Some of the most influential media outlets in the United States have lashed out at President Donald Trump's latest Miami speech.
The New York Times published several articles, criticizing the White House's decision on Cuba. It argues that the new policy shift will affect both countries alike, and underscores that the proposed measures will make it even harder for U.S. citizens to travel to and do business with Cuba.
The Tampa Bay Times also published an article entitled 'Trump Turns Clock Backward on Cuba', in which it outlines that the negative impact could be felt particularly in the Tampa area, from where commercial flights as well as cruise ships depart for Cuba. The article notes that some 80,000 passengers flew from Tampa to Cuba last year, while in the first five months of this year, 64,000 Tampa residents have already made the trip. It further notes that two cruise ships leaving from Tampa offer stops in Havana.
The article says: 'The American public, businesses and state and local governments should work around the president's hurdles and continue to promote openness and relationships that benefit the people of both countries.'
Newsweek magazine published an editorial entitled 'New U.S. Cuba Policy is Unpopular, Just Like President Trump,' asserting that opposition to President Donald Trump’s new policy on Cuba is growing and gathering broad support among different U.S. political, economic and social sectors.
The Washington Post detailed the anti-Cuba measures of the new U.S. administration and their probable impact on both, the U.S. and Cuba.
- Academic says denial of entry visas to Cuban scholars to participate in LASA Congress in the US was politically motivated
- Cuban top leaders meet with visiting North Korean Worker´s Party vice president
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: ALBA members must join forces to prevent a new imperialist military adventure in our region
- ALBA-TCP Political Council concerned about actions against regional peace and security
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3318
- today: 644
- online: 91
- total: 5954250