Havana, July 3 (RHC)-- The European Parliament is set to ratify later this week an Agreement on Political Dialogue and Cooperation for the normalization of relations between the EU and Cuba, signed late last year.
The agreement was signed last December by Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez and the High EU representative for Foreign Policy, Federica Mogherini.
The bill will now go to the European Parliament for a final vote on Wednesday, July 5th, this after a lengthy, complex process of ratification by each and every parliament of the 27-member EU.
Both sides hope this new framework will boost bilateral trade and expand political dialogue and economic cooperation.
According to France Press, in the resolution the European Parliament also calls for the lifting of Washington's nearly six decades-old blockade policy towards Cuba.
Trade relations between the EU and Cuba surpassed 2.4 billion Euros in 2016.
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Dilma Rousseff: Lula is our hope
- Trump announces that he will seek re-election
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3400
- today: 1648
- online: 134
- total: 4929351