Johannesburg, July 12 (RHC)-- The Communist Party of South Africa has presented a special award of recognition to the International Brigades of Cuban Doctors for their solidarity work in many places of the world.
Jorge Cuevas, member of the secretariat of the Communist Party of Cuba, who is a guest at the 14th Congress of the Communist Party of South Africa, received the award.
Cuevas, in the name of Cuban people, especially the doctors who faced the Ebola epidemic in West Africa, thanked the South Africans for their recognition. He said that this distinction represents a great commitment by the Cuban people to international solidarity.
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3635
- today: 1754
- online: 148
- total: 5039284