Havana, July 14 (RHC)-- Cuban President Raúl Castro presided over the plenary Friday of the Ninth Regular Session of the Eighth Legislature of the National Assembly of People's Power.
During the session on Friday, Cuban lawmakers debated the draft water law, and discussed the results of the national economy plan for the first half of the year.
In this session of parliament, lawmakers also discussed the State plan for confronting climate change and agreed upon the 2016 budget.
Since Monday, members of the legislative commissions have debated such topics as the computerization of society and the potential of the tourism industry.
In one of the legislative debates, it was noted that the food industry is undergoing a gradual recovery, prioritizing the dairy and meat industries, given the financial, material and human difficulties of advancing in many areas.
The parliamentarians also examined the situation of the country's housing base and learned that the strategies to expand it will be strengthened.
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3643
- today: 2930
- online: 100
- total: 6071394