Havana, July 14 (RHC)-- Cuban President Raúl Castro presided over the plenary Friday of the Ninth Regular Session of the Eighth Legislature of the National Assembly of People's Power.
During the session on Friday, Cuban lawmakers debated the draft water law, and discussed the results of the national economy plan for the first half of the year.
In this session of parliament, lawmakers also discussed the State plan for confronting climate change and agreed upon the 2016 budget.
Since Monday, members of the legislative commissions have debated such topics as the computerization of society and the potential of the tourism industry.
In one of the legislative debates, it was noted that the food industry is undergoing a gradual recovery, prioritizing the dairy and meat industries, given the financial, material and human difficulties of advancing in many areas.
The parliamentarians also examined the situation of the country's housing base and learned that the strategies to expand it will be strengthened.
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Fermín Quiñones: Helms-Burton is against the international community
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3010
- today: 196
- online: 112
- total: 5861969