Havana, July 14 (RHC)-- Cuban President Raúl Castro presided over the plenary Friday of the Ninth Regular Session of the Eighth Legislature of the National Assembly of People's Power.
During the session on Friday, Cuban lawmakers debated the draft water law, and discussed the results of the national economy plan for the first half of the year.
In this session of parliament, lawmakers also discussed the State plan for confronting climate change and agreed upon the 2016 budget.
Since Monday, members of the legislative commissions have debated such topics as the computerization of society and the potential of the tourism industry.
In one of the legislative debates, it was noted that the food industry is undergoing a gradual recovery, prioritizing the dairy and meat industries, given the financial, material and human difficulties of advancing in many areas.
The parliamentarians also examined the situation of the country's housing base and learned that the strategies to expand it will be strengthened.
- Cuban president reviews key investments in the Mariel Special Development Zone
- Washington's infamous record of twisting the truth to achieve its aims
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Trumpt will face his own demons this coming February
- Cuban president: 'we cannot underestimate our historical adversaries'
- Celia Sánchez, a fearless revolutionary
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3171
- today: 2816
- online: 135
- total: 5537369