First Vice President Miguel Diaz-Canel Heads Cuban Delegation to 38th Anniversary of Sandinista Revolution
First Vice President Miguel Diaz-Canel
Managua, July 19 (RHC)-- Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez, First Vice President of Cuba, heads the island's delegation to the main ceremony for the 38th anniversary of the Popular Sandinista Revolution in Managua, the Nicaraguan capital.
Cuba's delegation at the festivities is also composed of Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez; José Ramón Balaguer, head of the International Relations Department of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Cuba; and Juan Carlos Hernández Padrón, Havana's ambassador in Managua.
The Sandinista National Liberation Front overthrew Anastasio Somoza Debayle on July 19, 1979 -- ending 46 years of a brutal, U.S.-backed dictatorship in Nicaragua.
- Diaz Canel: No imperialist policy will deter Cuba
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: Unity is our Revolution's most formidable and powerful strength
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Four Bronze medals for Cuba in Judo Grand Prix
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Cuban Parliament meets in full for 3rd Ordinary session of 9th Legislature
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3880
- today: 994
- online: 103
- total: 6146025