First Vice President Miguel Diaz-Canel Heads Cuban Delegation to 38th Anniversary of Sandinista Revolution
First Vice President Miguel Diaz-Canel
Managua, July 19 (RHC)-- Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez, First Vice President of Cuba, heads the island's delegation to the main ceremony for the 38th anniversary of the Popular Sandinista Revolution in Managua, the Nicaraguan capital.
Cuba's delegation at the festivities is also composed of Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez; José Ramón Balaguer, head of the International Relations Department of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Cuba; and Juan Carlos Hernández Padrón, Havana's ambassador in Managua.
The Sandinista National Liberation Front overthrew Anastasio Somoza Debayle on July 19, 1979 -- ending 46 years of a brutal, U.S.-backed dictatorship in Nicaragua.
- Cuba warns Title III of Helms-Burton would violate international law and trade norms
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- The British government erupts in flames
- Cuban president meets with Belize's prime minister
- Bolivian ambassador: division among regional countries only serves the imperialist, hegemonic interests of the United States
- Foreign minister: protecting the interests, well-being and personal integrity of Cubans will continue to be priorities of our country’s foreign policy
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3445
- today: 996
- online: 139
- total: 5545420