Cuban Vice President Ricardo Cabrisas
Havana, July 22 (RHV/Prensa Latina) -- Cuban Vice President Ricardo Cabrisas met in Havana on Friday with visiting International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Secretary-General Fang Liu, in Cuba for a regional aviation seminar.
Vice President Cabrisas told Liu that transportation continued to be a top-priority issue for the Cuban Government as it engages in updating its economic model. He briefed the ICAO secretary general on the pace of Cuba’s program of modernization of its airport infrastructure.
Fang Liu ratified the organization’s willingness to deepen its collaboration with Cuba, a founding member of the ICAO. Fang Liu is the first woman to hold the position of ICAO secretary general.
The ICAO official acknowledged Cuba for its effective work in aviation safety and security and spoke positively of the event on aviation data and analysis going on in Havana. Sponsored by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), the regional seminar gathered together aviation experts and officials from North, Central, South America and Caribbean.
The organization is seeking consensus on a recommended set of standards for international civil aviation and policies that could ensure a much safer, more efficient, well-protected, economically sustainable and environmentally responsible civil aviation.
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Widespread International Rejection of Donald Trump's Decision on Jerusalem
- ALBA-TCP General Secretary Highlights in Havana Importance of Unity among Latin American Peoples
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part III)
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part II)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 1669
- online: 233
- total: 4097624