Havana, July 25 (RHC)-- Cuba and Qatar are working toward a relationship based on mutual respect and focused on economic development, according to the Arab country's ambassador in Havana, Rashid Mairza Al-Mulla.
Speaking to Prensa Latina, the diplomat said that the interest of Qatari businesses to invest in Cuba in sectors such as tourism, health and sports has been maintained since cooperation began in the 1980's.
According to Al-Mulla, the aim is to expand and strengthen economic ties and to maintain good relations between both nations.
Qatar has the world's third largest natural gas reserves and is one of the countries with the highest per capita income in the world.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3618
- today: 1899
- online: 222
- total: 4109627