Havana, July 25 (RHC)-- Cuba and Qatar are working toward a relationship based on mutual respect and focused on economic development, according to the Arab country's ambassador in Havana, Rashid Mairza Al-Mulla.
Speaking to Prensa Latina, the diplomat said that the interest of Qatari businesses to invest in Cuba in sectors such as tourism, health and sports has been maintained since cooperation began in the 1980's.
According to Al-Mulla, the aim is to expand and strengthen economic ties and to maintain good relations between both nations.
Qatar has the world's third largest natural gas reserves and is one of the countries with the highest per capita income in the world.
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Dilma Rousseff: Lula is our hope
- Trump announces that he will seek re-election
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4070
- today: 2212
- online: 138
- total: 4933985