Havana, July 28 (RHC)-- The national vaccination campaign against seasonal influenza began Friday across the country, targeting children under two years of age, pregnant women and people over 75.
In statements to Prensa Latina news agency, Lena López, head of the Health Ministry's Immunization Program, said one million and 40 dozes of the vaccine will be administered through September 30th. She added that other vulnerable population groups will benefit and pointed to people suffering from chronic kidney insufficiency, asthmatics, diabetics, hospitalized patients with neurological disorders and agricultural workers. The aim, she said, is to reduce flu-related mortality and morbidity.
- Academic says denial of entry visas to Cuban scholars to participate in LASA Congress in the US was politically motivated
- Cuban top leaders meet with visiting North Korean Worker´s Party vice president
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: ALBA members must join forces to prevent a new imperialist military adventure in our region
- ALBA-TCP Political Council concerned about actions against regional peace and security
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3318
- today: 2088
- online: 111
- total: 5955694