Havana, July 28 (RHC)-- The national vaccination campaign against seasonal influenza began Friday across the country, targeting children under two years of age, pregnant women and people over 75.
In statements to Prensa Latina news agency, Lena López, head of the Health Ministry's Immunization Program, said one million and 40 dozes of the vaccine will be administered through September 30th. She added that other vulnerable population groups will benefit and pointed to people suffering from chronic kidney insufficiency, asthmatics, diabetics, hospitalized patients with neurological disorders and agricultural workers. The aim, she said, is to reduce flu-related mortality and morbidity.
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 19
- Miguel Diaz-Canel: Everything that we have achieved must be consolidated
- Imperialism and Revolution /Program 5
- RHC's segment on literature 'From the Bookshelf'
- RHC's Arts Roundup September 19
- Indignation grows over Ayotzinapa disappearances
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4002
- today: 2033
- online: 138
- total: 6386054