Havana, July 28 (RHC)-- The national vaccination campaign against seasonal influenza began Friday across the country, targeting children under two years of age, pregnant women and people over 75.
In statements to Prensa Latina news agency, Lena López, head of the Health Ministry's Immunization Program, said one million and 40 dozes of the vaccine will be administered through September 30th. She added that other vulnerable population groups will benefit and pointed to people suffering from chronic kidney insufficiency, asthmatics, diabetics, hospitalized patients with neurological disorders and agricultural workers. The aim, she said, is to reduce flu-related mortality and morbidity.
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4099
- today: 1116
- online: 109
- total: 4486968