Havana, July 28 (RHC)-- The national vaccination campaign against seasonal influenza began Friday across the country, targeting children under two years of age, pregnant women and people over 75.
In statements to Prensa Latina news agency, Lena López, head of the Health Ministry's Immunization Program, said one million and 40 dozes of the vaccine will be administered through September 30th. She added that other vulnerable population groups will benefit and pointed to people suffering from chronic kidney insufficiency, asthmatics, diabetics, hospitalized patients with neurological disorders and agricultural workers. The aim, she said, is to reduce flu-related mortality and morbidity.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 3707
- online: 158
- total: 6626598