Santiago Residents Pay Tribute to Revolutionary Leader Frank País on 60th Anniversary of His Assassination
Santiago de Cuba, July 28 (RHC)-- Residents of the Cuban eastern province of Santiago Cuba will pay tribute to revolutionary leader Frank País and his comrade-in-arms Raúl Pujol Arencibia on Sunday, July 30th, marking the 60th anniversary of their assassination by henchmen of the Batista dictatorship.
When he heard the news of Frank's death, Fidel Castro expressed deep sorrow, calling Frank “the most courageous, useful and extraordinary of all our fighters.” In Frank's honor, July 30th was declared 'Day of Cuban Martyrs.'
Every year on July 30th, thousands of workers and students, representing the entire Cuban people, go on a pilgrimage from central Céspedes Park to Santa Ifigenia Cemetery, re-enacting the original journey by residents of Santiago de Cuba 60 years ago, as they accompanied the remains of Frank País and Raúl Pujol, in an open defiance of the U.S.-backed bloody dictatorship.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3914
- today: 1377
- online: 180
- total: 4105487